Although it is compulsory for vehicle drivers and passengers to wear safety belts in traffic, many of the drivers and especially the passengers in the vehicle prefer not to use safety belts. The importance of using a safety belt in a traffic accident is great. Seat belts are of great importance in small casualties as well as in casualties where death and severe injuries occur.
In the event of an accident, people in the vehicle can be thrown out of the car as they can be thrown into each other, if they do not have seat belts attached. Besides this, the driver sitting on the front seat and the other person sitting on the front seat can be hurt severely by hitting the vehicle’s console.
Benefits of safety belt
• Provides a gradual reduction of strains that occur in the body due to impact,
• Allows the impact effect to be distributed to different points on the body, not to a single point,
• It prevents the people in the vehicle from leaking from the seat at the time of impact,
• Prevents sensitive organs such as the head, chest and spinal cord from crashing in the car,
• Prevents serious injuries in light accidents.